Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Recommended Reading

I think we may actually be reaching a breaking point in our views about higher education. I've been seeing more and more people actually acknowledging the fact that there is something profoundly wrong with the current system. So tonight I am going to let someone else do the talking for me. Robert Brockway wrote a terrific column at Cracked.com today, and while I have one or two minor points of contention with his focus, it is extremely heartening to see other people who, in my estimation, "get it." I'll be writing more on this topic in the near future. I think it is genuinely important, but I've been demoralized in the past by the sense that I was the only one expressing any outrage. Though I may have failed to strike up the chorus in the past, I'm more than happy to join it now. But just to get started, please, read this:

The Question You're Not Asking: Should You Go To College?

No comments: